Peanut Butter Jumbos Recipe
Oats, peanut butter and chocolate make these soft, chewy cookies hearty and nutritious. My whole family agrees this recipe is a real winner.
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's miniature baking bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk oats and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and baking bits.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 9 dozen.
1 cookie equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC