- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's miniature baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk oats and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and baking bits.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Jumbos
"I didn't want to take the time to make regular cookies so I made a half recipe as bar cookies in a 13 x 9-in. well-greased pan and baked at 350 for 20 minutes. These are very good cookies, tasty and fairly moist. I used 1/2 cup each of regular milk chocolate chips and miniature semisweet chips, but otherwise used the listed ingredients halved. Thanks to mreilly615 for comments about making these as bar cookies."
"Very Good. I only had 2cups of oats so added 1 cup of flour. Also used 1/2 cup regular sized chocolate chips."
"These are THE BEST!"
"Great cookie! Versatile - could use raisins, peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts - for a different cookie each time. Love oatmeal cookies!"