- 1 package (8 ounces) Girl Scout Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Additional peanut butter cookies, broken into pieces
- In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups crushed cookies, sugar and butter; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- In another large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with 1/4 cup crushed cookie pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Icebox Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p36
Reviews for Peanut Butter Icebox Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2016
"I brought this dessert to work and they all raved about it. I will make it again!"
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2010
"We love peanutbutter, and this is good!!"
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2008
""Leftover crushed cookies"--what are leftover cookies?! LOL"