Peanut Butter Icebox Dessert Recipe
Leftover crushed cookies create the yummy crust for this crowd-pleasing dessert from Nancy Mueller of Bloomington, Minnesota. It's covered with a smooth cream cheese mixture, chocolate pudding and whipped topping for a lovely layered look.
- 2-1/4 cups crushed peanut butter cookies (about 11 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Additional peanut butter cookies, broken into pieces
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies, sugar and butter; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- In another large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with cookie pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Icebox Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p36
Reviews for Peanut Butter Icebox Dessert(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review