Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) peanut butter cups, crumbled
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar and salt until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Add peanut butter cups and softened gelatin; stir until melted.
- 3. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 530 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.