Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) peanut butter cups, crumbled
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in sugar and salt until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Add peanut butter cups and softened gelatin; stir until melted.
- 3. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 530 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.