Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Store-bought treats can't hold a candle to homemade ice cream sandwiches. This frozen dessert is fantastic. —Teresa Gaetzke, North Freedom, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork, forming a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Spread a heaping teaspoonful on the bottom of each cookie; place chocolate side up on waxed paper until set.
- To make sandwiches, place 1/4 cup ice cream on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches in Country Extra July 2007, p51
Reviews for Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Cream Sandwiches >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Cookies >