Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
This recipe has been a family favorite for nearly 30 years. I often have a pie handy in the freezer to serve unexpected guests.
—Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Peanuts, optional
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of wafer crumbs for garnish. In a bowl,
- combine the sugar and remaining crumbs. Stir in butter. Press onto
- the bottom and up the sides of greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate
- for 1 hour or until set.
- In a bowl, combine ice cream and peanut butter. Fold in whipped
- topping. Pour into pie shell. Top with reserved crumbs and peanuts
- if desired. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the
- freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 467 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.