Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie Recipe
This recipe has been a family favorite for nearly 30 years. I often have a pie handy in the freezer to serve unexpected guests. —Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Peanuts, optional
- 1. Set aside 1 tablespoon of wafer crumbs for garnish. In a bowl, combine the sugar and remaining crumbs. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- 2. In a bowl, combine ice cream and peanut butter. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into pie shell. Top with reserved crumbs and peanuts if desired. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 467 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC