Peanut Butter Honeybees Recipe
Children young and old find these snacks irresistible. Even the youngest kitchen helpers can help out by crunching the graham crackers or measuring and mixing the ingredients.—Heather Bazinet, Ingleside, Ontario
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in crumbs.
- 2. Shape a teaspoonful of dough into 1-1/2-in. ovals; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer melted chocolate to a resealable plastic bag; cut a very small hole in corner in bag. Pipe three stripes on each bee. Insert two almonds into each bee for wings. Use a toothpick to poke holes for eyes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC