Peanut Butter Honeybees
Children young and old find these snacks irresistible. Even the youngest kitchen helpers can help out by crunching the graham crackers or measuring and mixing the ingredients.—Heather Bazinet, Ingleside, Ontario
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Stir in crumbs.
- Shape a teaspoonful of dough into 1-1/2-in. ovals; place on a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe
- bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Let stand for
- 5 minutes.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a resealable plastic bag; cut a very
- small hole in corner in bag. Pipe three stripes on each bee. Insert
- two almonds into each bee for wings. Use a toothpick to poke holes
- for eyes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.