- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in crumbs.
- Shape a teaspoonful of dough into 1-1/2-in. ovals; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a resealable plastic bag; cut a very small hole in corner in bag. Pipe three stripes on each bee. Insert two almonds into each bee for wings. Use a toothpick to poke holes for eyes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Honeybees
Sort By :
"I keep coming back to this recipe. Its easy, impressive and tasty! Always gets great reviews!"
"I made these for a tea party and they were a huge hit! Soooo good!"
"I made these for my nephew’s 6th birthday when they first came out years ago (1998); they were a big hit then and they still are now. Every time we get together the kids would ask my sister if we made bees, even to this day (now teens). We made them this summer and asked my nephew’s girlfriend to serve them (she never had them before), she couldn’t believe how fast they all came for them. We make a double batch each time, as soon as we serve them, they disappear, both kids and adults love them."
"I made these for my son's 1st birthday party. The theme was Winnie the pooh and these little bees were a big hit."
"I love these. I made them for my daughters preschool class many moons ago when the recipe first appeared. They went over great."