Children young and old find these snacks irresistible. Even the youngest kitchen helpers can help out by crunching the graham crackers or measuring and mixing the ingredients.—Heather Bazinet, Ingleside, Ontario
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in crumbs.
- Shape a teaspoonful of dough into 1-1/2-in. ovals; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a resealable plastic bag; cut a very small hole in corner in bag. Pipe three stripes on each bee. Insert two almonds into each bee for wings. Use a toothpick to poke holes for eyes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Honeybees in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p41
Reviews for Peanut Butter Honeybees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review