Over the years I’d been adding this and that to my basic brownie recipe—and then I came up with this one! —Denise Wheeler, Newaygo, Michigan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed malted milk balls
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in malted milk balls.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and Nutella; cover and microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring twice. Drizzle over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter-Hazelnut Brownies in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p43
Reviews for Peanut Butter-Hazelnut Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review