Peanut Butter Granola
Recipe provided by Jif®
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2/3 cup Jif® Omega-3 Creamy Peanut Butter or Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried figs, snipped
- HEAT oven to 300ºF. Combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon in
- small saucepan; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- PLACE oats in a large, shallow roasting pan or a 15 x 10 x 1-inch
- baking pan. Pour warm peanut butter mixture over oats and stir
- gently until oats are coated. Spread evenly in pan.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. TURN OFF OVEN.
- While granola is baking: PLACE raisins in small bowl; cover with
- boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes; drain well.
- REMOVE pan from oven. Stir raisins, nuts and figs into baked mixture.
- Return to oven and let dry 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Store
- in covered containers. Yield: 8 cups.