- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the oats, brown sugar and salt; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Granola Mini Bars
Sort By :
"I made these as a post-workout snack/breakfast, and I added some pureed honey-roasted peanuts and chocolate & peanut butter protein powder. They are amazing, filling, and perfect to start off my day!"
"these are easy and a fantastic snack. you can dip them in melted chocolate or drizzle some over to fancy them up!! I also add craisins for an extra punch!!"
"These are so good. My kids prefer these over store bought granola bars."
"I used between 3/4 and 1 cup of natural p.b and used only 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, that being said, I am notorious for cutting sugar in recipes, as I did in this one, but please don't I think it's safe to say the (sugar+honey) called for in this recipe is right on for a lightly sweetened treat. baked 13 minutes @ 350 cooled before cutting, they're holding together great. Thanks"
"Definitely would be good with dark chocolate for me."