- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the oats, brown sugar and salt; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. (Batter will be sticky.)
- Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Granola Mini Bars
"A soft, chewy granola bar! Made this easy to prepare bar during the blizzard of 2016. Huge hit with snow shoveling family. Followed directions exactly, they do need to cool completely. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home, I enjoy recipes that can be quickly made with ingredients on hand."
"I made these as a post-workout snack/breakfast, and I added some pureed honey-roasted peanuts and chocolate & peanut butter protein powder. They are amazing, filling, and perfect to start off my day!"
"these are easy and a fantastic snack. you can dip them in melted chocolate or drizzle some over to fancy them up!! I also add craisins for an extra punch!!"
"These are so good. My kids prefer these over store bought granola bars."
"I used between 3/4 and 1 cup of natural p.b and used only 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, that being said, I am notorious for cutting sugar in recipes, as I did in this one, but please don't I think it's safe to say the (sugar+honey) called for in this recipe is right on for a lightly sweetened treat. baked 13 minutes @ 350 cooled before cutting, they're holding together great. Thanks"