Peanut Butter Granola Mini Bars Recipe
Kids will flip over this deliciously oaty sweet snack! With honey, peanut butter, brown sugar and two types of chips, what's not to love about these granola bars? And at less than 100 calories, you can afford to have seconds. —Vivian Levine, Summerfield, Florida
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the oats, brown sugar and salt; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chips. (Batter will be sticky.)
- 2. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC