Peanut Butter Graham Bars Recipe
- 10 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 squares)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1. Line the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish with half of the graham crackers; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Immediately pour half over crackers in prepared pan. Top with the remaining graham crackers; spread with remaining sugar mixture.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth and blended. Spread evenly over bars. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours before cutting. Yield: 20 bars.
1 each: 182 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Graham Bars
"very good snack"
"I took these to a covered dish picnic and got asked for the recipe. I thought they were good, the consistency of the sugar mixture is a little strange at first. The bars cut very nicely and I was even able to cut each in half, to get 40."