In Boissevain, Manitoba, Mina Dyck relies on her microwave to hurry along assembly of these yummy make-ahead bars. With their pleasant peanut butter and chocolate flavor, they're sure to disappear quickly.
- 10 whole graham crackers, broken into quarters, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 squares)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Line the bottom of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish with half of the graham crackers; set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Immediately pour half over crackers in prepared pan. Top with the remaining graham crackers; spread with remaining sugar mixture.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth and blended. Spread evenly over bars. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours before cutting. Yield: 20 bars.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Graham Bars in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p47
Reviews for Peanut Butter Graham Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review