Peggy Murray of Enfield, Maine relies on a cake mix and other pantry staples to make these rich crumb-topped treats.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, oil, and egg until well blended.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the milk, chocolate chips and butter over low heat; stir until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Fudge Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p58
Reviews for Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review