This is my go-to breakfast entree when guests stay over. I can make it the night before and put it in the oven for a great breakfast that everyone loves. The peanut butter can be left out and the French toast is still delicious!—Mary Marlow Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and salt; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter French Toast in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p34
Reviews for Peanut Butter French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review