This recipe was packed away in my recipe box for years—the first time I made it, it won grand prize in a holiday cooking contest! I can still remember the first chocolate treat I made—fudge that was quite grainy, but Dad managed to eat it and tell me how good it was.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups ground pitted dates
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Place peanut butter, dates, sugar, walnuts and butter in a large bowl; mix well. Shape into "fingers" and place on baking sheets; freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Insert a toothpick into each end of a frozen finger and dip into chocolate. Set on waxed paper to harden. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Fingers in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p18
Reviews for Peanut Butter Fingers with Dates and Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review