- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Roll into 30 balls. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough around filling to cover completely; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter-Filled Cookies
"This is probably a good recipe, and I am gonna do it, but where did all these fleas come from? I don't know why they beat you up so bad, and i don't know why they let it go on...........Not comin' here again.........."
"I am scared of this site....you have too many people, acting like stupid...I am sorry....don't know if I will return........."
"I made this cookie using Splenda and because I have to be gluten free, I used my gluten free flour. I found it very tasty and it worked for the family and me. It's a keeper."
"Very easy to make. We love peanut butter and chocolate in our house so this was a perfect fit."
"The flavor of the cookies was good. However, I found them time consuming to make."