Peanut Butter-Filled Cookies Recipe
Anyone who likes peanut butter cups will really go for these treats. I give them an elegant finish by sprinkling confectioners’ sugar over a stencil. —Diane Miller, Millersburg, Indiana
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Roll into 30 balls. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough around filling to cover completely; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass.
- 3. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 141 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC