These easy-to-make confections are a must for me at Easter. Have youngsters help shape the eggs, then reward them with some of the chocolaty candies. —Ethel Charles, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (17.3 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut, optional
- 6 cups (36 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Beat in sugar. Stir in coconut if desired. Form rounded tablespoonfuls into egg shapes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening: stir until smooth. Dip eggs until coated; place on waxed paper to harden.
- For more decorative eggs, place about 1/4 cup melted chocolate in a small plastic bag. Cut a hole in the corner of the bag; pipe chocolate over tops of eggs. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Eggs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p160
Reviews for Peanut Butter Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review