Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and marshmallow cream until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; form into egg shapes. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; immediately decorate with sprinkles if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Eggs(13)
Sort By :
This is the best Peanut Butter candy recipe I have found.
I found this recipe a couple of years ago on Taste of Home. I make them every easter. My son wants me to make them year round. My family and I love them! Thanks for sharing.
Don't eat too many! These are super rich. Instead of chocolate baking pieces, I used 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips. They turned out just fine.
This is a great recipe and a lot of fun for kids too!
We loved these. They were easy to make and delicious. I made them with my young grandchildren.