Peanut Butter Easter Eggs Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Pastel sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and vanilla. Shape mixture into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Return eggs to baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 eggs.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Easter Eggs(27)
Sort By :
Did everything right for a delicious result except didn't let chocolate dry on wax paper. Kept it on cookie rack and placed in refrigerator; consequently, they stuck! But overall very, very good. Will make again!
My Grandmother gave me peanut butter eggs every Easter when I was growing up. I have been searching for a recipe so I can make them for my kids and carry on the tradition. To make it extra special, I looked online and found a company, Box and Wrap that has the cutest Easter candy boxes and candy bags. I chose the bunny shaped candy box.
These are really good, but not exactly the ones my grandmother made that I was hoping to duplicate.
So EASY to make! I may add more pb for a stronger taste tho.
easy to make and delicious. they were a hit :)
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Candy >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >