Get the kids involved in making these chocolate and peanut buttery treats, well worth the sticky fingers! — Mary Joyce Johnson, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Confectioners' sugar icing, optional
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cracker crumbs. Shape mixture into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Return eggs to baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- If desired, decorate eggs with icing. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers in refrigerator. Yield: 16 eggs.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Easter Eggs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p50
Reviews for Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review