Peanut Butter Easter Eggs Recipe
Get the kids involved in making these chocolate and peanut buttery treats, well worth the sticky fingers! — Mary Joyce Johnson, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Confectioners' sugar icing, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cracker crumbs. Shape mixture into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- 3. Return eggs to baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4. If desired, decorate eggs with icing. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers in refrigerator. Yield: 16 eggs.
1 egg (calculated without icing) equals 322 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC