Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Get the kids involved in making these chocolate and peanut buttery treats, well worth the sticky fingers! — Mary Joyce Johnson, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Pastel sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in
- confectioners' sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Shape mixture into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking
- sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Return eggs to baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate
- until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 16 eggs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 egg (calculated without sprinkles) equals 322 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.