VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup creamy honey-nut peanut butter
- 18 butter-flavored crackers
- 4 ounces white candy coating
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Red and green gel food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- 12 pretzel sticks
- 12 spice gumdrops
- Spread peanut butter over 12 crackers, about 1 teaspoon on each. Stack two crackers together, peanut butter side up to make six stacks. Top with remaining plain crackers. Melt candy coating and shortening; dip all sides of cracker stacks. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set.
- Tint 1/4 cup frosting red and 1/4 cup frosting green. Frost the tops of three stacks red and three stacks green. For drum details, pipe green frosting on red-topped stacks; pipe red frosting on green-topped stacks. Decorate with chocolate chips. Chill until serving. For drumsticks, insert pretzel sticks into gumdrops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Drums in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p41