Peanut Butter Drums Recipe
Little drummer boys and girls will agreethese cute musical treats can't be beat! Our home economists quickly decorated stacks of crackers and peanut butter to form the fun instruments, then joined gumdrops and pretzels for matching drumsticks.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup creamy honey-nut peanut butter
- 18 butter-flavored crackers
- 4 ounces white candy coating
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Red and green gel food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- 12 pretzel sticks
- 12 spice gumdrops
- Spread peanut butter over 12 crackers, about 1 teaspoon on each. Stack two crackers together, peanut butter side up to make six stacks. Top with remaining plain crackers. Melt candy coating and shortening; dip all sides of cracker stacks. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set.
- Tint 1/4 cup frosting red and 1/4 cup frosting green. Frost the tops of three stacks red and three stacks green. For drum details, pipe green frosting on red-topped stacks; pipe red frosting on green-topped stacks. Decorate with chocolate chips. Chill until serving. For drumsticks, insert pretzel sticks into gumdrops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Drums in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p41
Reviews for Peanut Butter Drums(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review