- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. Combine dry ingredients; add to the zucchini mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Drops
Sort By :
Good base of a recipe. I made quite a few modifications by using 1 cup whole wheat flour and 2 cups AP flour. I removed a good bit of the shorten and used more peanut butter 1 1/2 cup with 1/4 cup cup of shorten and 2 TB flaxseed. You cannot even tell there is zucchini in these once they are cooled.
We make these all the time and always get rave reviews! They're even great frozen.
I also used smooth peanut butter and added semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are very moist, this is a keeper!
These are GREAT! I used smooth peanut butter and did not peel the zucchini.