Shredded zucchini is the ingredient that sets these peanut butter cookies apart from others. The soft moist treats from Patricia Teller of Lewiston, Idaho have a sweet price-just 5 cents a cookie.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in zucchini. Combine dry ingredients; add to the zucchini mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Drops in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p37
Reviews for Peanut Butter Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review