Peanut Butter Dough
"Years ago, when our children were growing up, I made this bread quite often," remarks Nola Laughery of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. "They loved eating warm slices spread with butter."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the peanut butter until crumbly. Combine the egg, milk and
- vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.