"Years ago, when our children were growing up, I made this bread quite often," remarks Nola Laughery of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. "They loved eating warm slices spread with butter."
Recommended: Top 10 Cheesecake Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the peanut butter until crumbly. Combine the egg, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p63
Reviews for Peanut Butter Dough
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2009
"My 10 year old and I made this together. We reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup and added 3 T. cocoa powder. It reminds me of a healthy Peanut butter cup. :) Delicious and my kids loved it!"