Peanut Butter Dough Recipe
"Years ago, when our children were growing up, I made this bread quite often," remarks Nola Laughery of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. "They loved eating warm slices spread with butter."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the peanut butter until crumbly. Combine the egg, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p63
Reviews for Peanut Butter Dough(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2009
My 10 year old and I made this together. We reduced the sugar by 1/4 cup and added 3 T. cocoa powder. It reminds me of a healthy Peanut butter cup. :) Delicious and my kids loved it!