Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce Recipe
Use this versatile peanut sauce, with its zippy touch of chili powder, to toss with noodles or marinate meat. Of course, it’s a terrific dip for chicken wings, too! —Christine Omar, Harwich Port, Massachusetts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, peanut butter, sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce and salt. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 80 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC