Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, peanut butter, sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce and salt. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 80 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
"Omit the soy! I don't know if my tastebuds are off or what, but I was skeptical about 2 tablespoons of soy, and so I added just 1. Even that was much, much too strong and I thought ruined and overpowered all the other really nice flavors. So I kept adding peanut butter and sugar to counteract it. The sauce was delicious before I put in any soy. Of course, I was tasting it on a spoon and not on any food which would spread out the flavor a little. But I will make it again, probably with no soy at all."
"Very easy to make and I received many compliments and positive comments on this sauce. I served it with Satay."
"I love this sauce, I mix it with noodles and put spicy beef or pork strips over it and it is a huge family favorite."
"Good with chicken satay--also as a dip with cumcumber slices and falafel chips. Will definitely make this again."