Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies Recipe
Here's a nice change of pace from the more traditional sugar cookie cutouts. And children will find that these peanut butter versions are just as much fun to decorate with frosting, sprinkles and a dash of yuletide imagination.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla frosting
- Red, green, yellow and blue gel food coloring
- Assorted colored sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-in. to 4-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart in ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cookies and decorate as desired. Yield: About 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC