- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups 2% milk
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir 1 cup into peanut butter until smooth. Gently stir peanut butter mixture into the pan. Pour over crust. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups and peanuts. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Custard Blast
Sort By :
"This was excellent! For anyone who can't get the custard to thicken, just keep cooking and stirring, and stirring, and stirring. It will get thick."
"Yes step210 by all means, add 1tsp.of vanilla extract or even almond extract, and add a few Tbls of confectionery sugar, taste it before you beat it and adjust it to your liking. I hope this helps. :)"
"I will be trying this soon! I have a question before I make it tho...everytime I make homemade whip cream, it tends to be a bit bland. Do most people add a flavoring like vanilla?"
"I could not get the peanut butter layer to solidify-it takes good, but huge disappointment."
"Made this for super bowl party and it was loved and devoured."