"Ooey, gooey, great!" is how friends and family describe this chocolate-peanut butter dessert. I appreciate the make-ahead convenience. —Marilee Evenson, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups 2% milk
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir 1 cup into peanut butter until smooth. Gently stir peanut butter mixture into the pan. Pour over crust. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups and peanuts. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Custard Blast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p167
Reviews for Peanut Butter Custard Blast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review