- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups 2% milk
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir 1 cup into peanut butter until smooth. Gently stir peanut butter mixture into the pan. Pour over crust. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups and peanuts. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Custard Blast
Sort By :
"Entered this in a local cooking contest and won 1st place in the dessert category. I also liked it partially frozen."
"This dessert was good, but not great. I was expecting something awesome after all of the great reviews. Everyone did like it, but not the usual rave reviews I get after baking something from Taste of Home."
"how can you make this without any egg products? CAN'T have them! this sounds so delicious!"
"OMG! This is amazing! It was great as a decadent dessert, but I also tried it with reduced fat peanut butter, reduced the sugar and blended it with Truvia. I also tried egg beaters. I whipped it and then put it parfait glasses. I love peanut butter and this was a great way to satisfy my cravings!"
"I made just the peanut butter filling but changed it up a little to make it less carbs and calories. I used half Splenda and half sugar and whole eggs instead of egg yolks. I used an immersion blender on in at the end to incorporate more air and cause it to be fluffy. I put it in the freezer for about an hour. It was so yummy. I can't wait to try it again completely frozen. In response to the reviews from people who have not tried something, don't deprive yourself. Everything on moderation is the key. I am living proof. I have list over 100 pounds. I still eat dessert everyday because I can. I am still losing weight too."