Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
The classic combination of peanut and chocolate is one my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren can't resist. They gobble up this candy all year long!—Doris Price, St. John, New Brunswick
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and vanilla; cover and set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Pour teaspoonfuls into paper-lined muffin cups.
- 3. Drop a rounded teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture into each cup; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC