Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and vanilla; cover and set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Pour teaspoonfuls into paper-lined muffin cups.
- 3. Drop a rounded teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture into each cup; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving: 182 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cups
"used this recipe for yrs love it i always had more peanut butter though my family loves peanut butter"
"I only had crunchy peanut butter and it did not work well. I had to double the amount of peanut butter (which in effect cut the sugar in half!) and add more butter to get a decent consistency. My husband tasted it and gave it approval. If I make them again, I will add honey to get a thinner consistency. Only use a teaspoon of chocolate and spread it thin on the bottom, I used too much and ran out."