- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey and vanilla. Beat in enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cupcakes
"I made these over the weekend and took them to a party. I did the same thing as "nathansgramma" and cut a well into the cupcake and piped strawberry jam inside. The frosting was extremely sticky and difficult to work with, especially when piping through a pastry bag. I, personally, wasn't very pleased with the end result, but everyone at the party loved them. I'm basing my review on my personal opnion."
"Mine didnt look as neat as the ones in the picture and had a few cracks on top which were well covered with the frosting. Great in taste although I reduced the sugar in both. I think I let them be in the oven for a few minutes longer.However fabulous recipe wish I could post a picture!"
"Very dry. I was going to send them to camp with my son but after tasting them I tossed them."
"Made these today! The cupcake received awesome reviews. The frosting even though it tasted good was too hard to spread. Added xtra milk and honey but that didn't do the trick. Cut a well in the cake and added a teaspoon of strawberry jam. Everyone thought the were better with the jam. Would make again but will work on the frosting!"
"Oh, I made these today and they are great. I am very happy wit the moist cupcakes and the frosting is so creamy and has such a good peanut butter flavor."
"These are great I love them"
"These are beyond amazing!! Probably one of the best cupcakes I have ever had!! My 15 year-old daughter LOVES Cupcake Wars, so she is always trying new recipes. I think the only reason anyone would complain is if they didn't use REAL butter! I have to say this is a keeper and will be made over and over again in this family! With four brothers, my daughter has plenty of taste testers and this one passed with flying colors!! LOVE IT!!"
"I really liked these cupcakes, I didn't have enough creamy peanut butter to put it in both the batter and the frosting, so I used chunky in the batter and creamy in the frosting. Would be better with creamy in both but they were still really good. Loved the frosting, had to add a little more powdered sugar and milk to get the consistancy I wanted but I love it!"
"Hopefully next time I can make them a little less dry?"
"Was disappointed with this one. Liked the peanut buttery cupcake, but the frosting is just "so-so". Nothing I'd make again."