Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes Recipe
Kids love these rich, yummy cupcakes in school lunches or at parties. They're so easy to make because the mini peanut butter cups eliminate the need to frost the cupcakes. —Heidi Harrington, Steuben, Maine
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + Cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 16 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1. In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Press a peanut butter cup into the center of each until top edge is even with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on an angle toward the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
1 cupcake equals 238 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC