- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 16 miniature peanut butter cups
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Press a peanut butter cup into the center of each until top edge is even with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on an angle toward the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
Sort By :
I just made a test batch of these cupcakes. They turned out fantastic. I will definitely make these for an upcoming bake sale. I love that they don't need frosting so they will be easier to wrap for the sale.
Because of peanut allergy could you use cream cheese instead of peanut better????
I just made these cupcakes today. They are really easy to make and just as good. They taste a lot like blond brownies, they are so fluffy and moist! They looked exactly like the picture- will make again.
These baked up beautifully and looks just like the picture...Taste great!!! I did make a chocolate peanut butter icing for some of the cupcakes...Thank you Heidi for sharing they are a keeper!!!
I made these for a bake sale because they didn't need frosting. I followed the recipe exactly, but the peanut butter cup sank to the bottom of the cupcake, so I had to frost them anyway. They tasted great, but did not look like the picture at all.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Cupcakes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >