- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 16 miniature peanut butter cups
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Press a peanut butter cup into the center of each until top edge is even with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on an angle toward the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
"It works just as well if you push a peanut butter cup into the cupcake just as it comes out of the oven. This way they don't melt in the oven. SJS9"
"Really good cupcakes! I love all things peanut butter so I increased the peanut butter to 1/2 cup. Absolutely delicious and these are great to send into school with the little ones for the birthday treat for the class."
"I agree with mindtraveler...can't pack this kind of food in their school lunch. Sad. These look delicious so I have given 5 stars as I will have these on my list for when the grands come to visit."
"I've made cupcakes like this before but without adding peanut butter. My granddaughter is allergic to peanuts so I used Rollo chocolate covered caramels in place of the peanut butter cups. Different taste but same idea and she loved them."
"Make with Brownie Mix - they are even better."