Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Recipe
When I made my first batch of these great cookies, so many asked for the recipe that I knew I had a hit! My baking rewards are the smiles on my family and friends' faces. —Mary Hepperle, Toronto, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (13 ounces) miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls. Press a miniature peanut butter cup into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 4. For drizzle, in a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC