Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Satisfy your chocolate craving with these cupcakes. The creamy frosting topped with chopped peanut butter cups is the best part. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Additional miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake. Cover each with 1 tablespoonful batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until mixture reaches a spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Spread over cupcakes; immediately sprinkle with additional peanut butter cups. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 269 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC