- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Additional miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake. Cover each with 1 tablespoonful batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until mixture reaches a spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Spread over cupcakes; immediately sprinkle with additional peanut butter cups. Let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cupcakes
Sort By :
I just finished making these and I could not wait to frost them. But I messed up again! Recipe called for 2/3 c whipping cream so I wanted to use up the rest of the container so I put in the other 1/2 cup, big mistake! The frosting did not thicken, so I added confectionary sugar, but it still did not thicken. The frosting was delicious and I only could use a third of it. I always use milk chocolate chips. So I'll save the frosting to use over ice cream, etc. The taste was very delicious so I shared w/neighbors.
Family loved these and they are so pretty! I also dipped the cupcakes in the warm frosting and sprinkled them with the chopped pb cups....chopped them a little finer than the picture. I was BETTER than a rock star, lol!
This recipe made me look like a
Rock Star. It looks awesome.
from what I hear it taste even better. I have Type 2 Diabetes, so I can't have one. Do I have WillPower or what? It is so easy to make.
Possibly the best cupcakes we have ever had!!!
These are delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cupcake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cupcakes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cupcake Frosting >
- Cupcake Frosting Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >