Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in Grape-Nuts.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies
"These turned out GREAT! If your trying to watch calories but still want a sweet treat every once in awhile, these are perfect!"
"These were so good! I made them for work and got several compliments on the taste and how healthy they are. I also left out the Grape Nuts."
"I thought these cookies were excellent. The sweetness and peanut buttery taste are just right and the added crunch from the Grape Nuts takes them over the top. This is my go-to recipe now every time I want p.b. cookies. I took these to work and everyone loved them and enjoyed the surprise of what contributes the crunch. This one is a must try!"
"I thought they were great, so did my friends!"
"it was a very dry dough, had to "kneed" it to mix , very little taste.just not a good cookie."