"The next time you’re craving peanut butter cookies try this variation with oats and Grape-Nuts. I think it’s even better than the regular cookies, which I like a lot." —Jack Horst of Westfield, New York
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in Grape-Nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p19
Reviews for Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review