Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling and lemon juice; spoon into pastry shell.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in peanut butter and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 355 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie
"Really great pie recipe for beginning bakers. I love the peanut butter and apple combo, very delicious!"
"Just great,i added oatmeal for the topping,just 1/2 cup"
"Very simple and quick to make. Also tastes great!!!"
"I love the combination of peanut butter and apples, so I was so excited when I found this recipe. But instead of using pie filling, I made my own. Also, I made my own pie pastry, so I didn't prebake it and just increased the baking time to 40-50 min. It turned out wonderful! I didn't have any chunky peanut butter, so I had to use creamy, but it was still excellent!"