In El Sobrante, California, Billie Moss uses time-saving apple pie filling and a convenient pastry shell crust for this scrumptious pie. Dressed up with a crunchy streusel topping, it’s a sweet afternoon pick-me-up or dinnertime finale.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling and lemon juice; spoon into pastry shell.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in peanut butter and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p51
Reviews for Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review