Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling and lemon juice; spoon into pastry shell.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in peanut butter and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie(3)
Sort By :
Just great,i added oatmeal for the topping,just 1/2 cup
Very simple and quick to make. Also tastes great!!!
I love the combination of peanut butter and apples, so I was so excited when I found this recipe. But instead of using pie filling, I made my own. Also, I made my own pie pastry, so I didn't prebake it and just increased the baking time to 40-50 min. It turned out wonderful! I didn't have any chunky peanut butter, so I had to use creamy, but it was still excellent!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Crumb Pie >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Pie >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >