- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling and lemon juice; spoon into pastry shell.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in peanut butter and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Crumb Apple Pie
"Really great pie recipe for beginning bakers. I love the peanut butter and apple combo, very delicious!"
"Just great,i added oatmeal for the topping,just 1/2 cup"
"Very simple and quick to make. Also tastes great!!!"
"I love the combination of peanut butter and apples, so I was so excited when I found this recipe. But instead of using pie filling, I made my own. Also, I made my own pie pastry, so I didn't prebake it and just increased the baking time to 40-50 min. It turned out wonderful! I didn't have any chunky peanut butter, so I had to use creamy, but it was still excellent!"