- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Press cookie dough into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 4-5 minutes or just until marshmallows are puffed. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls over marshmallows; gently spread over the top. Cool and cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
"I changed it slightly and used homemade peanut butter cookie dough but other than that I kept it the same. I followed the tip for letting the marshmallows set more and really liked how they turned out so I'd recommend t3ddymac's tip too! Really easy recipe, would be fun to make with kids too and I don't know about calling them s'mores.. they were s'gones in my house!"
"Great dessert. Made it for a BBQ and it went in NO TIME!I refer to them as Crispy Peanut Butter S'mores!The only thing I would do differently, is allow the marshmallows to cool longer than 5 minutes (more like 15) so they can set and you are not swirling the chocolate into the marshmallow.Also, getting the chocolate NICE AND HOT (not burnt) helps increase its "spreadability"."
"I got so excited when I saw this recipe as I love anything with peanut butter (peanut paste we call it in Australia) but ... and this is why I have rated the recipe so low ... we do not get refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough here in Australia. I know that you cannot know everything about what is sold or not sold in Australia but if you could please supply alternative ingredients for things such as this, that would be fabulous. I would so love to try this recipe but cannot."