Peanut Butter Cream Fudge
In Logan, Ohio, Margaret Hammond relies on a few everyday ingredients to stir up a batch of this crowd-pleasing candy. With its smooth texture and sweet taste, it's sure to satisfy peanut butter lovers of all ages.
64 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and salt; bring to
- a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook over medium
- heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, beat until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a buttered 8-in. square dish. Cool and cut into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.