Peanut Butter Cream Dessert
"With a few minor changes to the original cookies-and-cream recipe, I can please the peanut butter lovers in my family," writes Mary Ann Saam. The Cridersville, Ohio cook uses instant pudding mix, frozen whipped topping and store-bought sandwich cookies to hurry along preparation.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter-filled sandwich cookies
- Whipped cream in a can and chopped peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2
- minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture. Spoon into an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream
- and chopped peanuts if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 264 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a