"With a few minor changes to the original cookies-and-cream recipe, I can please the peanut butter lovers in my family," writes Mary Ann Saam. The Cridersville, Ohio cook uses instant pudding mix, frozen whipped topping and store-bought sandwich cookies to hurry along preparation.
Featured In: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2-1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter-filled sandwich cookies
- Whipped cream in a can and chopped peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream and chopped peanuts if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cream Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2011
"This was delicious. Will definitely make again."
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2010