"With a few minor changes to the original cookies-and-cream recipe, I can please the peanut butter lovers in my family," writes Mary Ann Saam. The Cridersville, Ohio cook uses instant pudding mix, frozen whipped topping and store-bought sandwich cookies to hurry along preparation.
- 2-1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.3 ounces each) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter-filled sandwich cookies
- Whipped cream in a can and chopped peanuts, optional
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pudding mixture. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream and chopped peanuts if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cream Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peanut Butter Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review