Peanut Butter Cookie Pops
A miniature candy bar is the hidden treat inside fun-for-all-ages pops from Martha Hoover of Coatesville, Pennsylvania. "My sons brought these cookies home from school after their teacher made a bunch for her class," Martha relates. "The kids loved nibbling them on a stick. Of course, the taste also was instant hit!"
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 wooden craft sticks
- 12 fun-size Snickers or Milky Way candy bars
- In a small bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine
- flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well.
- Insert a wooden stick into the small end of each candy bar. Divide
- dough into 12 pieces; wrap one piece around each candy bar. Place 4
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 1